PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2009, 03:01
cosmodrift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pool and bashers

About the mentioned "agreements" back in US, they went like this: "You all will agree with that or we'll fire you. Everybody happy?" End of agreement.

The result is the same. Don't fool yourself, pool. You are asking for lubricant.

So ridiculous to hear a grown man crying: "Oh, they don't have the right to do this to us. They are sacking us." Well, I guess they own the place and the carrier, you don't, so they do what they want. You don't like it, then get out.

I am not being fatalistic. Look around you, man. That's what is happening.

This is a political world. Even with no Union here, organized groups of pilots eventually get in touch wit the management to expose our points and diminish(not to stop) the impact of some decisions on us.

Why it is good to fly here?
The group of pilots is experienced and skilled, planes are not only good looking, but, most of all, well maintained. We fly to great places while EK takes care of most of our expenses back home. Home is Dubai while you are here and you can live pretty well even as an FO, even with children, if you don't have to send money abroad to pay old bills.
Managers are managers everywhere. To expect compassion is foolish.

Low morale is epidemic and you are spreading it more without balancing good and bad things.
My morale is far from being low and I am sorry you live in fear around here, Pool.