PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2009 CPL Diary at EFT
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2009, 01:35
Kash360

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 CPL Diary at EFT

Before i start my diary please let me explain that i am aware that there are currently several CPL diaries on this site, but thought it would be a good idea to see how things have progessed since the last one.

I had arrived at Orlando International at 18:00 yesterday to be met on arrival by a very pleasant man who took me to my hotel in Fort Pierce where i would be staying the night while i would be re-housed the following day. It was at my request to EFT that i would like to complete my course as soon as possible as i do not have enough leave from work. As i stepped out of the car to the hotel the driver gave me two sets of books and adviced me that i should read up on these before the morning, well lets just say i never got any sleep until 01:30. the next morning i.e (today) i was picked up by the same gentleman who picked me up yesterday. I arrived at the school at 09:10 and by 09:15 i was speaking to my instructor and introduced to several other people, to be fair everyone seems quite friendly here. At 09:30 i had completed all the forms that were required which were all in a folder waiting for me to go through. My First Pre-CPL flight was scheduled in for 11:00 having completed all my paperwork, i sat down with my instructor who briefed me on what to expect throughout the course along with what was expected by the JAA. We then did a Mass and Balance sheet for the 11:00 flight.

The Pre-CPL flight included genral handling, steep turns, and stalls.

Having arrived back for a debrief i was told that there were further things i needed to brush on before i progressed on the CPL course, and in all fairness to my instructor he was correct. I have picked up some bad habbits so i do really need to shake them off.

My instructor was very kind to arrange a back seat ride with a student who was practising my weaknesses and this was at no cost, When i arrived back to EFT after the flight my instructor spoke to me about the things we will be covering tommorrow i.e ( genral handling , climbing and decending). I was then asked if i would like to sit in on a ground class which was a brilliant oppertunity to iron out any problems.

So all in all i would say and this is SO FAR that EFT seems in two words Organised and Professional, however i do have another two weeks here, I will keep you all updated with tommorrow's day. But for now I have lots of homwork to do.