PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does sir/madam organise his/her flightsuit?
Old 11th Jun 2009, 19:19
RansS9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does sir/madam organise his/her flightsuit?

To start with I'm non-military and the question is one of curosity/advice. If the mods feel it needs to be elsewhere...no problem.

I have purchased a flightsuit...why? you might ask...eerrhhh seemed like a good idea at the time. It's a MK14A which may mean something to you. Anyway its' got pockets, loads of them, everytime I put it on I discover new ones! And systems redundancy.... well let's just say it has three..THREE coat-hanger loops!!

Anyway my question. Is there a STANDARD RAF way of organising this? You know; map left side; radio coms list right kneepad; Tesco shoppong list right chest pocket.. etc.

What do you put in the knee pockets? The windows look too small to show much info. And there appears to be another large separate pocket directly underneath the windowed one.

Those pockets by the ankles , what goes into them?

What pens do you use, biros/ chinagraph pencils? I presume they don't have detachable lids and must be quite thin to fit into the pen pockets.

I fly an aeroplane (Pitts) which like its' owner is basic and not well endowed........with storage space. Any tips on using these pockets effectively for basic ppl flying/ navigation greatly received.

TIM