PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Combined Asthma, peak flow, and spirometry thread
Old 11th Jun 2009, 18:24
De_Vlegende_Student

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys!
Just to let you know, i've also got my Class 1 medical certificate!! Had to come back for the renewal (because i already had the initial and then the asthma problem occured), the AME just looked to my fysical health, eye check etc. the usual and told him what medication i take (seretide qvar and singulair) and asked if i do any exercise (fitness, rowing, running). He send it to the Authorities and it's fine according to JAR-FCL 3.160 b appendix 2 paragraph 2. Finally!!! So just for the info for other asthmatic (allergic) (student) pilots, asthma is not a big deal IF it is stable, the medication is approved to fly with (ask AMC) and your pulmonary graph is sufficient (FEV1/FVC >70% FEV1 > 70% and Peakflow >80%). And the keyword for me was...do a lot of exercise/sport, practise on a Peakflow indicator and never let you tell it is mission impossible. I want to thank all people on this site/forum for all the info and support, because this was the first site where i personally found out it is possibly to fly and make your dream come true, even with asthma!! All the best to the fellow asthmatic pilots!

Greets Alexander