PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virulens Heathrowitis - from the Irish Independent today
Old 11th Jun 2009, 18:09
Michael SWS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I mistakenly believed that staying airside would allow me to retain my legally purchased booze. How naive and stupid was I!
The regulations may not appear to make much sense, but they are clearly stated on BAA's website:
What about liquids if I am connecting through Heathrow?

If you are arriving from outside the EU, all liquids must be in individual containers with a capacity not greater than 100ml. They must be placed in a single transparent, resealable bag no larger than 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in), and must fit comfortably inside the bag so it can be fastened closed.
It is surely the responsibility of the passenger to ensure that he is aware of all regulations, no matter how stupid and pointless they may appear to be, and particularly where the transport of liquids is concerned, for we should by now all be aware that regulations differ from country to country and even airport to airport. In recent months there has been considerable discussion of the rules for transferring liquids at other European airports on this forum - it's not just London. (Try this one: http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf...imination.html)

Perhaps Munnyspinner could invite you to join his "I'm very very angry because I don't think the regulations should apply to me" club.