PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Rules - OK?
Thread: GB Rules - OK?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2002, 09:31
Big Dog's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can sense that there is a lot frustration amongst BA pilots at the way their management are treating them. What I can't see is how forcing GB to accept BA pilots flying GB's routes can solve any of this. Not only does it go against your own principles stated so far, but it will surely have an effect on career prospects here at GB.

It seems to me that the BA mangement are again trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

As for the "Who costs the most" debate, it is all a little pointless since it is not just crew costs that make the overheads of any operation and, although they might reduce company profit margins, they are hardly likely to cause a company to go in to a loss. If you take the mangement line that you may be paid so much that the company will go out of business, I would be rather surprised to find that you weren't management! I am not at all convinced that BA's T and Cs seeing an improvemnt will have an effect on me or any other airlines. If anything, BA denying their FSS to new entrants will have the effect of mobilising the workforce, since most of the loyalty BA gets from it's pilots seems to be as a result of said pension scheme. I think that BA's recruiters will be in for a big shock when they next start to look for DEPs (or are they planning to take them from all the Franchises still left??)