PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - On strike with Ryanair!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2009, 17:54
zerotohero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just enjoyed reading the latest anti balpa publication from the company!

i really am bored of hearing about it now, does make me laugh though, if ryanair are not at all bothered about balpa why go out of there way to make some big pro's and con's list about it!

there must be something to it, but i do recon that initialy balpa recognition will mean lower terms and conditions as management would over react and go to town on balpa and the pilots just cos they can,, then if it starts to cost them money they will start to deal a little at a time to maybe get back to a level where we are now with a couple of crap frilly bits on the side to make us think we won,, maybe a free clip on tie a year or something

personally i think balpa is a waste of time still, everyone keeps saying its not what balpa can do for you but what you can do for you as the pilots are balpa,,,, so why bother with the fee to talk, we can talk for free and get ignored.

my advice, fly here while you like it then go somewhere you think is better, if your happy to stay and can afford to with constant reductions then do so.

its funny to see that people will blame ryanair pilots for lowering terms all over the industry because we let management get away with it,,, well if in your other magic airlines with balpa in your sleeve are following ryanair tactics which i read around that they slowly are doing (Easy, BMI paying for line training ect) then balpa should be kicking there ass,,, but I dont see that,,, i just see ryanair leading the pack with there look out for number 1 attitude and the others slowly following,,, balpa is maybe just slowing the process a little but by no means stopping it

again, just my thoughts.