PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2009, 17:15
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Fullboat, must have been squinting and missed the bit about enquiring about a friend (although not blindingly obvious - BTW is he not capable of using a computer?). Anyway, I'll take the hit, my bad......

I must say though, they would have to pay me a darn sight more than 20% extra to work in KSA

As another point for some of the other harbingers of doom on this esteemed forum, I completely fail to see how what EK pay, means that F/O's are on the bread line. Yes Dubai has become expensive, but if you don't have to send loads of money back home, MOST of what you earn is spending money.

Guys, instead of jumping on a bandwagon, why don't you back up your rhetoric with facts ie income vs STATUTORY outgoings like you would have in your previous life. I've stated facts and figures before, why don't others do the same??

Newbie, out of interest, I presume the $100k you were earning as a check airman back home was subject to tax? I also presume your previous employer didn't pay for your house etc? Therefore I will presume you would be financially much better off at EK? Not having a pop, but these are the sorts of things we all need to be reminded of from time to time........ (Just to be sure I stated FINANCIALLY better off, not emotionally!!)