PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2009, 17:07
JD-EE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Chaser - here is what translate.google.com gives. It's slightly more readable.

===8<---
F-GNIH AF908 CDG - TNR --
STALL ALARM INFORMATION AND LOSS OF SPEED ON THE PFD
CBD PF in the left seat and OPL L. xxxx SOPs in place right
OPL R. xxxx rest

At FL 370 with a SAT to -51 ° C and a wind from 080 to about 18 Kts on AWY UB612 with OFF SET 1R, between the OBD and MLK in radio contact with Khartoum, as we were at the edge of layer cloudy with some light turbulence, I tied PAX.

We were at dusk with low brightness.
Then we entered the layer, and soon after we started having a slight burning smell that lasted about twenty seconds and that did not appear to be of volcanic origin (no smell of rotten eggs), but rather electrical smell to me and smell the air conditioning for the OPL. Then the smell has disappeared. The odor was confirmed by the PAX booth and PNC between rows 3 and 14 thereafter.

We had the weather radar in motion on calibrated without echoes still apparent in the layer and some minutes after the burning smell, we had severe turbulence. So I do the message "Here the cockpit sitting PNC Attached turbulence. I reduced the speed at
Mach 0.80 (a little above green dot)
A few seconds after the indication of speed on the PFD passes abruptly OPL 280 Kts to 100 Kts in the red band and it lasted for many seconds. At the same time on the PFD variation CBD high speed with speed 15Kts green dot less speed and a trend to
50 Kts.
At the same time (it was 15:10 GMT) Red Alarm A / P OFF and then in the wake alarm amber ADR Disagree, IAS DISCREPANCY, ALTN LAW LOST PROT, W REAC / S FAULT DET.
15h11 monitoring of the alarm RUD TRV LIM amber FAULT.
Followed immediately by the alarm STALL STALL STALL (without the associated alarm cricket) with TOGA LK. As I always speed trend within 50 Kts, I steered the plane manually, with a call for light downhill and turn right to exit the AWY. The aircraft responding very weakly with the CBD several regressions PFD speed in the lower red stripe. At the same time I asked the OPL to send a MAYDAY. During the descent noise impact (hail?) Heard in the cockpit.
Descent to FL 340. Speed aircraft is returned to correct the sloppy I ATHR to exit the TOGA LK. The rate is similar side CBD and OPL, but down 2 on the PFD speed scale indication SPD LIM red remained until the end of the flight.
Stabilization of the plane, then applying the procedure DOUBTFUL IAS, while activation of anti icing and WING ENG as well as passing on HIGH FLOW PACKS (probably in a cloud of dust or smoke to prevent pumping as in the GTR procedure
volcanic cloud). As indications of speed and altitude were correct (with cross check with the indications of Ground speed and altitude GPS, so when comparing wind data from the OCTAVE), re-engagement of the AP1 and the ATHR.
At no time have we had ice detection alarm.
I woke up the second OPL was at rest, then we addressed the ECAM checklist.
Descent to FL 330 and then cancel the MAYDAY and continued flight at this level.
The aircraft fell in ALT LAW (MAX IAS 330Kts/M.82) I have a favorite beach area expanded flight and continued the flight at Mach 0.80.
At the balance sheet: ALT LAW aircraft confirmed by the status and amber cross on PFD, REAC W / FAULT DET S, ALT LAW PROT LOST, DISAGREEMENT ADR and F / CTL FAULT RUD TRV LIM (2
NOGO).
FOR USE LDG FLAP 3.
It is important to note that the indication on the circuit of the screen SD of RUDDER TRAVEL LIMITER was amber, but halfway between neutral and full deflection rudder.
Contact with the CCP for what was the state of the cabin and PAX. Only the strong turbulence was felt by PAX.
I called SAT COM maintenance to further research the issues and follow their recommendations we reset all the computers and commands flight PRIM
SEC without any result. (at that time we had the fuel for a return to NCE or FCO).
On the checklist developed for F / CTL ALTN LAW (PROT LOST) could be read to APPR PROC FOR USE LDG FLAP 3. (There is no indication in the QRH on the table of correction after failure)
For the developed against the F / CTL RUD TRV LIM in APPR PROC FAULT FOR USE LDG FLAP 2, which is confirmed by the QRH in the table of correction fail.
As it appeared that discrepancies between the QRH requesting arise part 2 and the status which requires us to ask strands 3 and it was therefore necessary to further research and therefore the decision of a later call to QB.
New call SAT COM QB who has not found any additional explanation on the difference in steering component, then the CCO to see them for the theft and troubleshooting of the aircraft, the return to Europe n 'as much as possible with the remaining fuel, the problem then the decision
TNR continue or divert to RUN. Decision to continue on TNR with a request for me to postpone the revival of colleagues who had to return the aircraft in view of CDG 05h00 minimum fault-finding to TNR.
We continued the flight with the pitot heat on and on radar calibration MAX.
It should be noted that throughout the down ALT LAW, the aircraft was not responding to my request regression speed via the control of the FCU SPD (we were in the Open), and I therefore disengage the AP for reducing speed. Piloting the plane gave me the impression of an airplane flying very soft, which was not the feeling of flying during takeoff and climb. Because of the difference between the QRH and status, so I followed the
status and we laid 3 strands.
Looking ACMS we saw indications of Pitot 1 & 2, 2 and 3 & 1 & 3 at fault in 15h10TU post flight report
15:07 BMC 3
15.10 AUTO OFF FLIGHT AP
REAC W / FAULT DET S
IAS DISCREPANCY
NAV ADR DISAGREEMENT
15h11 F / CTL RUD TRV LIM FAULT
I did a tour of the aircraft with one of the OPL and both the radome pitot that appeared intact.
Only the side impact sensor OPL was heavily tilted nearly vertical. There was no evidence of impact or scratches on the paint of the radome and on the windshields.
I did, after meeting all the crew (TFN / PNC) a debriefing to explain what we had lived and reassure everyone and answer questions.
In matters of the DM
Flight to FL 370 not experienced wind shear (wind 080/18Kts) wind was stable for more than a half hour in strength and direction.
Flight at mach 0.80 as slight turbulence (PAX Attached)
No audible presence of hail in the early incidents (but we have heard during the descent of noise impacts to the cockpit (hail ???).
SAT Temperature -51 ° C (we never had alarm ICE DETECTION)
No phenomenon storm (nothing in the weather radar was not calibrated and a flash of lightning visible).
Top of strong turbulence to 15h09 followed alarms above and 15h11 to 15h10 GMT
The rate rose later OPL 280 Kts to 100 Kts in the red band and remained in as many seconds.
CBD side the speed is increased from green dot - 15 Kts with a speed trend to -50 Kts.
STALL alarm (no alarm cricket) series with several incursions of speed shown in the lower red stripe.
Stabilization aircraft at FL340 and continued flight to FL 330.
Duration estimated 3 to 5 minutes.
===8<---

{^_^}