PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2009, 14:54
BFS101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Certainly don't think BFS requires any more scheduled routes to the USA, maybe with the exception of Orlando, to complement FlyGlobespan. Recent statistics in regard to CO however show robust figures (April):

Newark from Belfast up 23% (at 9869) compared with 2008. For some comparison:
EDI 9468,
BHX 9087
GLA 9075
BRS 8031.
The only Continental EWR services carrying more passengers than BFS in the UK was MAN and LHR.

The worst thing that could happen in my eyes, is to dilute the traffic, CO to then pull the service, and end up with only a non-direct flight, the likes of via Shannon, and to have much poorer connection options at NYC.

Zoom always seemed to have good loads and provided year round service. A good reliable service to Toronto, Orlando and summer Vancouver may be sustainable. Although Zoom went bust, would have been interesting to see if the BFS services were profit making, they added capacity to BFS which makes me think it was successful at the time. Coupling BFS with a similar UK airport like Cardiff or Newcastle for Toronto or Vancouver was a good move I think, and at least the BFS flight was non-stop