PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar A330 Osaka - Gold Coast
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2009, 12:35
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the hype and hysteria, refer to Tail Wheels post for exapmle and anywhere else the media get involved.......... was it too cryptic???

Jeeeezus!!!

Sky News:

"Jetstar passengers tell of their fear when their Airbus caught fire!"

Together with the usual passenger cell phone footage..........

All the usual comments "Same type as the Air France Airbus"; "No indication it was the same problem"; "Passengers have praised the pilots for extinguishing the fire."

Not denigrating the crew - well done, very professional, another good day in the office - but I wonder what else they would do but extinguish the fire? Cook their breakfast or brew up a morning coffee perhaps?

Can't say I've ever traveled in an A330 but I doubt I'd get too excited about a cockpit window heating element getting fried, especially when I know the guys in the front seat have very well developed personal survival instincts!

Another day of the life of an Australian airline! Hope Jetstar don't charge the passengers extra for the stop over! Today 18:23
The crew had a situation, not nice, maybe really threatening, maybe just a small issue , but they handled it well and all are safe.............. at least this A330 they can find. The other one and 200+ pax they may never find. Some folk just need to get a few things in perspective. And the media need to stop over hyping the minor scary moments to the point they are equal to a major one like the AF crash.

Does that help?

J