PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flipping runways in thunderstorm conditions at LHR
Old 11th Jun 2009, 09:00
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will MOR a pilot who puts his and other aircraft into danger because he turns before asking.
Perhaps what you mean to say is that if a pilot decides to turn when either;

a) They have asked and you say no; or

b) They have not asked

then you will file a report about the situation as you experienced it under the MOR scheme.

There is no such thing as "MOR the pilot".

From the pilot point of view, I will not fly into a CB. To do so would put the safety of the aircraft at risk. If I can I will give ATC the option of a left or righ turn. If not then while I might put it nicely by saying "request 20 right to avoid weather" what I am saying is I need to turn for safety reasons.

I have turned first and talked later in the LTMA before - unable to get in on frequency. However, it is the pilot who is responsible for the safety of the aircraft in every respect. The ATCO is only responsible for the safety of the ATS provided.

A complaint regarding a pilot having to endlessly badger a controller to avoid weather says something about the weather, about the pilot's attitude to safety and also about the ATCO's attitude to safety. 1 good thing out of 3 ain't bad!.

Regards,

DFC