PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2009, 04:14
pool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fullboat 2

I turned down EK's August class offer because I'm getting married in September
Most EK pilots will think that you made one sound and another risky decision here. Up to you to guess which is which ...

I spoke with the EK hiring department and they have offered to put me in the October Airbus class if they run it
An "offer" and a "if" by EK! lol.
Not even a written contract is valued by these guys, so simply imagine what the above's worth ....

They seem to be a very agreeable sort there in HR, surprising from what I read on these boards
Agree with that. Just consider them like "spokesmen" of governements or big companies. These people are trained in rhethorics, reading prepared statements and making a presentable impression. Not a clue though about reality in the company.

It appears like you believe me to be an RJ captain in the US. Somedays I wish I were, but I'm over here in the sandbox working for a different company
If you are what you pretend, then you should definitely know better.

To all the poolies, very sorry for the pessimistic news and reports. Rants and complaints are a integral part of pilots lives, I know. What is different here, is that we are warning everybody about something that is simply unaccepatable:

Breach of contract and no legal recourse.

That makes you basically a slave, well payed, but you are at the unconditional mercy of the employer. He can pay you as he likes, fire you when he wants and freeze your assets in his country at his will.
When the industry roars, it's fine, you can leave without remorse and because they know, they treat you ok. When however the crisis hits like now, they know you run out of options and they exploit it mercilessly. You end up trapped, as most of us with kids, houses, bonds etc. end completely exposed to their arbitrary society.