PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2009, 01:28
Sharpie

Retired Tiger pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr Sir James "Jabba" Jacobi. Up-date.

Hi everyone,
Just received an up-date on Sir Jim that you may be interested in. If you wish to send a message for old times, Robbo will pass it on for you.
Regards, Peter Sharpe.

Morning olgeta, time to bring you up to date on Jim's condition. Visibly nothing has changed. He is skin bone nothing and very frail. But contrary to my last message where I said I was of the opinion there may not be much fight left in him, he has commenced weekly chemotherapy. At this stage in not much more than test dosages but increasing slowly. This is a change in attitude I didn't see coming. The treatment will not remedy the core problem, but if it will give some relief to the fusion in his mouth, it will free up his tongue a bit so that he may be able to eat more than he currently does and his speech may improve. That is his immediate frustration, not being able to communicate effectively. Jim's Doctor has told Nora that he is most concerned about the amount of saliva going into his Jim's lungs which may lead to Pneumonia. That is the not good news.

Jim started this treatment last Monday week and when I asked him if he thought it would provide a positive outcome he said "I bloody hope so". So there is still fight in Sir James. There is no doubt his mind is sharper than outward appearances suggest. It is his turn to bet for our betting syndicate, and he has had three winning weeks. Last Saturday he had 2 bets for two wins including the Stradbroke winner. He hasn't been going to the races in recent weeks, that is a long drive for him, but he certainly has retained his interest as his results would indicate.

Please pass this message on as you did with my first message. The results of that were amazing. Responses came from around the world. I print these emails and deliver them to Jim at the Bowls Club on Wednesdays. He is very appreciative of your support and I am more than happy to be the messenger for you.

I shall keep you informed

regards

Robbo.

Last edited by Sharpie; 11th Jun 2009 at 01:30. Reason: incorrect hash