PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - West London Airfields (Heston, Hanworth, and Hounslow)
Old 10th Jun 2009, 22:25
Visual06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having grown up in Bedfont, gone to senior school in Hounslow and spent many a spare summer day cycling around Hanworth Air Park I would be very interested is tagging along on a walk if one were to be arranged.

I remember the old hangers off of Browells lane which were occupied at the time by EMI, Once EMI moved out these hangers became an indoor go Kart track., from memory this track was quoted as being the biggest indoor track in the country, I used to be the postman to this track and due to the office being the opposite end from the hangar doors I used to drive the track in the Royal mail van .and it was absolutly huge inside!!! Does anyone know if the trams and train stock were produced on this site? Sadly these hangers were demolished to make way for a cinema complex, though there is today some sort of statue on the former site.

Also, buried in amongst the trees on Hanworth airpark is a pillbox or similar, it is located in the far South East corner of the Air Park, looking at Google earth it is on the crossroads of the Hounslow rd and Uxbridge rd (where the Horse and Groom and Hanworth library are located) does anyone know in which era this was erected?