PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Licencing vs Civilian Licencing
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2002, 00:22
Pitch and Break

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Never assume anything!

For ARM OUT THE WINDOW and CENTAURUS in particular,

Firstly, I am ex-military with over 20 years time in service (and DFRDB to prove it) and have owned and operated my own operation for the past 12 years acting as both CP and CFI so I think I have sufficient grounding in both fields to pass on and express an informed comment? To assume I am a failed Ronnie RAAF applicant is just cheapening your arguments and showing your own insecurities.

MR Endorsements - on this issue, I was referring to the unnecessary and totoally unacceptable entries sometimes placed on MR's. The CP has a right to vet these entires purely to make sure they are valid and relevant - it is not to stop people making proper endorsements and this would never be discouraged. Example: A Sunday pilot wrote up the MR with "Large fuel leaks directly under engine and battery flat" The a/c was effectively grounded. Monday we arrived and had to call in an engineer (40 minutes travel) and effectively lost the first 2 hours of work. Root cause - incorrect starting technique; flooded engine and battery flat due to excessive cranking. A jump start Monday would have sufficed. Cost $180 for engineer and 2 hours lost revenue. These are the reasons we check all entries BEFORE they are endorsed.