PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 18:22
Rananim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read through the Air Caraibe report despite poor French.One thing that stood out for me:
"En effet,le PF est intimement persuade que les deux alarmes "STALL" sont inappropriees."
ie.the pilot relied on instinct/airmanship by ignoring the false STALL alarms.
The report seemed to imply that it was a good thing that the crew couldnt read the TECH RECOMMENDATIONS in the turbulence,because they would have directed the crew to respect the alarms,as already discussed by Bobrun.

The report spoke of an environment that was "extremement charge" due cacophony of aural alarms.They focused on "flying the plane" and reading the UNRELIABLE AIRSPEED checklist and here I lost the translation a bit but it seemed to say that having disengaged ATHR and set turb N1 prior to the crazy airspeed readings(they encountered turbulence earlier),they were already at an advantage.They were already in a state of preparedness and so could " renforcer son attention sur sa trajectoire et sa vitesse"(fly the plane).Only speed reference was GPS.

"Never in the field of PPRUNE boredom has so much speculation been based on so liile facts"

This (and the previously closed thread) make the speculation about BA038 seem restrained.
Nobody died on BA38.Contribute or shut up but dont denigrate.