PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 18:19
nuigini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BASSA have clearly stated that they WILL NOT accept any permanent changes to the current T&C. They did offer new contracts (do we really need a third contract on the aircraft) for future crew but WW said so.

... which reminds me. If this future crew joins on a new contract, would they be represented by BASSA? Probably not! It has been made clear that crew joining "ScrewFleet" (the new fleet) are not to be represented by BASSA.

Extra crew for doing hot towels? That's an issue I will never understand as some crew say we have to see the larger picture and not this particular issue. Still, most of the time when you return from crew rest you see crew chatting away in the galley. Doing the hot towels would take two minutes at the most. Who are we there for? The passengers or the crew? The product we are offering is lame compared to our competitors. I suppose this is why BA wants to improve it with some towels but BASSA says no. Never! Sometimes it's like a brick wall.

Dare to say anything that goes against what BASSA, and some of their true members, believe and you are in for a cat fight. Look at some of the comments made in the Crew Forum. If you were to say "Hey, perhaps we shouldn't strike?" or "Maybe we should do the hot towels?" most of the members will hunt you down.