PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 15:21
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Dalek:
Back to the much maligned Sqn Ldr Burke.
He has stated under oath that he himself had suffered control restictions probably caused by loose articles, and was aware of others. He also explained that bad connectors had caused power interupts.
This evidence was never presented tho the BOI. Why?
It was accepted by the HOL.
And any connector that fails due to vibration is "bad", whether it is on a critical component on an aircraft, or holding up my trousers.
If these events had happened in the past, and no rectification had taken place they could happen again. They could and possibly did.
So perhaps, bastOn, they could not fly the aircraft.
The point about the FADEC code, the connector and the control pallet is that they were all "bad" and impervious to "rectification" as they were not occasionally unserviceable but permanently unairworthy. I suspect that after reading reams of this thread and others that the simple difference between unserviceable and unairworthy still evades many. All Chinook Mk2's were unairworthy then for the above reasons. OK, bold statement, can't prove it myself but a BoI could and should. The more that is ignored the more we fool ourselves. This accident was literally one waiting to happen. Sure enough it did!