PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates: Preferred Employer in UAE
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 14:40
kingoftheslipstream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beechjock

I've been roun' here nigh on 13 years. It was real good fer a while, pretty good fer a while an' now it's pretty bad.

So far this year (2009)

1. Loss of productivity pay, about an 18% reduction in monthly earnin's.
2. Loss of ticket to my Annual Leave Destination. I only get part of the way now an' have to pay my own way. Several Canadian's 'n Americans in this boat. This really sucks. It's been a hallmark of expatriate life that an employer send a professional home at least once per year, all the way home, on the company dime. This has been sacred... till Emirates found out they were only makin' hunderds of millions instead of billions.
3. Restriction on utilies bill introduced, in contravention of the contract. Mine says I get accommodation an' utilities paid. Don't mention no changes. I'm probably under the limit anyway, but it's principal.
4. Institutionalized discrimination: locals get better pay and pensions. Us expats get the square root of $#%& - all. Our provident fund is seriously not enough money to do anythin' on once ya retire. 'Cept maybe buy a tent er somethin'.

Management don't listen, don't wanna listen. There's no ear here for anythin' from the workers side of anything.
2009 is gonna be a bad year. Loads 'r down, yeilds 'r down and some airframe delivery delays are planned in 2010 fer 'bout a year or so (at present anyhow).

I reckon we're gonna see some serious decline in revenue an' associated options.

I don't give advice - yer a grown person. But heed the facts.
Good luck 'n Happy Contrails.

k-o-t-s