PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Upper Class
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 14:03
Mannix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgin Upper Class

My wife and I have happily been loyal to Virgin Atlantic with upwards of 250 transatlantic flights, mainly in Premium Economy. Shortly we fly LHR-MIA return in Upper Class, A340-600 out and 747-400 back. We are looking forward to it but have not had a good start!

Special occasion, so booked well in advance when virtually no seats were allocated. Upon advice from the Flying Club booked seats 2A and 3A outbound.

Yesterday, providing API, I was shocked to find my wife was still in 3A but I had been kicked out or 2A and moved to 9A, well away from her! Of course I know all seat allocations are subject to operational factors etc. etc., but if they needed to move me they could at least of told me and, if they cared at all, they could have kept my wife and I together.

Do not imagine there is any shortage of seats. Today there are still 23 unallocated seats available for reservation in Upper Class on the flight. Naturally I have ensured we are together, 9A and 10A, unless they decide to seperate us again, but the whole incident leaves a nasty taste and confirms we really are nothing more than SLF to Virgin Atlantic.