PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 13:50
[email protected]

Received 633 Likes on 275 Posts
This was done by a civilian crew (CHC) using the S-92. Whether some of them worked in the military in the past is not really interesting. They are now working in the civilian world and know their job
Not interesting that the Captain (Liz) was trained by the RAF SARF? It further reinforces my statements that quality will out and my belief that military SAR will have to provide a lot of the manpower to make SARH effective.

Just how many non-ex-mil SAR captains/winch ops/winchmen are there working UK SAR?

Geoffers - your arguments about cost only go to support the idea that civilianisation is an expensive option - retaining the present format but with a PFI for new aircraft would be substantially cheaper than the £3-5Bn price tag for SARH.

Epiphany - I worked as a civilian before I joined the RAF and learned that whilst talking a good fight is one thing, proving your worth by the strength of your arm and back and willingness to work is what people notice. That old adage about actions speaking louder than words means the RAF can hold a candle to ANY SAR organisation in the world and not disappoint.

You missed the point that 6 shifts will be what the civilians will work, not what the military are currently working!