PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates: Preferred Employer in UAE
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 10:27
oscarlimatango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK Already!

a very wise EX airline CEO said, "if you want to be a millionair, become a billionair and start an airline"...everybody at that time said that he was stupid! and who is laughing now?

i had a huge arguement with my GF, who just joined EK engineering department. I told her that in comparison with other airlines with limited resources, EK is not that efficient. Her arguement was that American Airlines sucks because of their efficiency, and EK is the best because of their efficiency. My argument was this, that EK is better because they have access to "not better" but cheaper resources and their operations and management is based on a bottomless bank account. American Airlines, with the resources of emirates, could be a much better airline.

My point, EK has to finally come to realize that market forces and conditions have come to pay them a visit, and for you EK pilots, this it the time to decide if you would like to work for an airline which is in a financial battle for the first time or for an airline that is already battle hardened! the choice is yours, this grass was green, but the camels have come and shied and pucked and grazed, and now there is nothing left for you goats!

PEACE