PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Attack On A Police Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 09:24
HeliCraig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by volrider
SS sounds like helicraig has a dose of the 9 o'clock shudders...."you should have done that and this"
Amazing with hindisght maybe we could vote for him at the next election all our problems with society would be solved!!
Sadly the bookies are full of such experts moving mouths but empty pockets
Vol, as far as possible I have resisted the temptation to resort to personal comments. I don't even know you, so perhaps you could extend the same courtesy?

Now, to address your point... Yes, obviously I am looking at the incident with hindsight. However not from a "you should have done XYZ" stand point; but from one of surprise that at least one off X, Y or Z wasn't already in place.

I think most people would be surprised how relatively easy it is to gain access to an airfield in the UK, but I think that people expect better of the big airports; and as I have said in my previous post - its not at a massive cost.. especially against the cost of replacing the aircraft.

The telling indictment will be what, if anything, the insurance have to say and what, if any, improvements they require. Of course, joe public will never know this.

I should point out though that I agree with SS that it is impossible to stop a determined individual. All you can do is make it difficult for them and minimise the risk of them being able to carry out their aims (be that buring your helicopter, or burgling your house). On the face of it, in this case, it looks like there was more that could have been done very simply to frustrate that individual and / or minimise the damage; and other ASU's have done this already!

Oh, and never even set foot in a bookies!