PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 08:16
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dctyke,

A lovely story in dedication to the Orb. 1977 must be some sort of record - can anyone do any better?

I trust that the 1977 version remains a 'manual,' as opposed to the heathen 'automatic' version used by GASSERS. Unfortuately, their short attention spans, dedication to pyjama cricket and Rugby League, and inexplicable liking for a P155 called VB puts them in the 'tragic' category. But we must be charitable, as my dear mother always said, towards those that stray and indulge in deviant behaviour. Hence, we must have sympathy and love for the poor, misguided souls in the hope of eventual salvation.

WWW,

Spot on! Ain't coals so flexible - done the same myself and the beast arced up beautifully after a similar timeframe. I'll take the flexibility (isn't that one of the Principles of Airpower? - memory is dimming - but it injects some relevance for the Mods), and, more importantly, the taste, any day.

Eacott,

Your capacity for upsetting fellow correspondents has reached new heights. You totally ruined my evening with your reference to Chilli Crab. Do you have no heart man??

Kluge,

Get with the program! Hot-plates on Webers? I wouldn't insult mine with such a perversion. It's designed for joints man! joints! Maybe you should get one of those Dancocks that were referred to a few pages back!

As regards Australia's unceremonious dumping out of the Pyjama Twenty/20, I couldn't give a rat's. If I was a GASSER I'd probably be weeping in my VB. As a non-GAS practitioner, I only care about the real form of the game. It's the Ashes that will sort out the men from the boys.