PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates: Preferred Employer in UAE
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 08:06
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep Discovering "The Trend"

Obviously all is about money around here. Once you are here, you accept it or leave it! Well we all know that fact by now. Very sad i agree. Lately more then ever EK is reminding us by changing the goal post every email we receive. It took me a long time to accept this kind of mentality. Conditions were going down when EK was making billions $$$ of profits. Remember why we are here. Money. Dubai is only about money, and we all know that. Now EK is loosing big $$$ and they have inexperienced managers in these type of waters. Unfortunately management is making big basic mistakes. They killed the confidence bond with their pilots while making a 400M$ profit. Morale is at all time low. People a stressed going to work. Safety has a cost. They have missed the opportunity to motivate their pilots by investing some of that profit money in saving the morale. Hiring is at a stand still. 16 B777 coming with bare minimum additions of pilots in the next 12 months. The pilot force will get more stress in the coming months by working to maximum legal limits EK style for less money. What is next... well time will tell, but again we all know as experienced pilots and it won't be a surprise. Remember you are on your own here, not like in other major airlines. We have seen it before. They have very very big commitment ahead with all these orders. But it happens that the guys down the road have the same. But they have the cash and can afford it. We can't, simple! We all knew as experienced pilots that this time was going to happen at one point where reality would kick in. Well it's here BIG TIME. The company can't rely on the government for money anymore. Actually I'm pretty sure it's the other way around now. The boat has passed for the "great opportunity" for pilots at EK. Aviation is all about timing. I got here 10 years ago. It was right time right place. Today if you come to EK and sit in the flight deck beside me and expect anything but 7-8 years to upgrade i will smile. I will understand your concerns. But i will tell myself wrong place bad timing. With the credit crunch around the world there will be good opportunities in certain type of companies coming up. I think EK has become too big too fast for the type of management in charge. They created a monster and now they have to live with it. It won't ever get better for pilots here that is a fact. Next step will be lowering the experience minimums to fill the seats in the name of money. Put more heat on the PIC. But we all know that. Only one thing left to do for us, save as much money as you can while here so you can exit at one point. Oh yea, one more thing they say that they will back you up if you stick to SOP, but remember that all mistakes made are always outside SOP, clever hein Don't let greed delay your move if you can't handle this type of pressure, use your only option There is life after EK. Serious times ahead for all.

Quiz time : Can you tell me one improvement in the T&C of the pilots in the last 5 years. Just one

Keep Discovering