PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 04:38
ELAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naturally,the picture of an almost pristine and complete VS bobbing in the Atlantic and the report that bodies have been found 85kms apart seems like a smoking gun but I'll go along with ELAC(for now) and accept that they may not have encountered weather,lost airspeed and perhaps attitude reference and got their VS torn clean off in the ensuing upset.
@Rananim

Now hold on a minute there Sunshine. I stated absolutely nothing of the sort. The only thing I have stated is that there is no evidence available from which the actual track of the flight relative to the weather can be determined. Did they deviate or not, I don't know and neither do you. Did the accident occur from inadvertent penetration of a CB causing an upset? Or, was it the result of circumstances similar to those experienced by the Air Cairibe flights while deviating around convective weather but while still in cloud compounded by an ensuing incorrect pilot response? Or, is it possible that the accident resulted from an extreme turbulence upset while deviating clear of the storms?

Three different possibilities (at a minimum) with different implications regarding potential failures of the aircraft or the crew. None can be proven without the requisite evidence, so what's the point of pre-judging on the basis of the limited bits of information we do know?

ELAC