PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB Rules - OK?
Thread: GB Rules - OK?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2002, 19:15
Land ASAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CapedCrewsaider
BA pilots cost considerably more to employ than GB Airways pilots. This is fact. The Salaries may be not too far apart but your Hourly Flying rate, allowances and most importantly company pension contributions mean you cost BA in excess of £10,000 p.a. more than GB pays for iys pilots. Multiply this by say 200 pilots and that is £2 million off the bottom line. Note; GB pilots have a low company contribution money purchase pension scheme.
This is not fact, I'm afraid. Do please check the BALPA private members T&C's database and you will discover that for the pay points that are realistic on Short Haul (ie. around 10 years service), BA is behind GB for for BASIC salary . In fact as a First Officer I am £100,000 cheaper for the 10 year period. My variable pay for this period will not make up the short fall by a long mile. Or are you not a BALPA member?

I'm really sorry I have to repeat myself. But we Short Haul pilots at BA are not more expensive. I am not foolish enough to print the figures (in case any of our colleagues are involved in divorce proceedings), but please change the record, look up the term solidarity in your dictionary and most importantly, resign as Flight Operations management and join BALPA, it'll safeguard your future!

Norman Stanley Fletcher
We at GB are a great asset to you and not a threat
I agree, and my belief that if the business model that GB operates under were applied to BA Short Haul, then it too would be a great asset to British Airways. We are paid very similarly, despite what the Caped one is led to believe, so why can't we approach the whole SCOPE issue with less devisive diatribe?