PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 01:27
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wes wall;
No doubt there are many who share the same thoughts, but there is nothing which has been discussed that offers any credible evidence to any onset of trouble. What ever happen occured prior to the first ACAR.
Yeah, I don't think we're alone by any stretch - probably most crews here are quietly expressing the same thing when they discuss it, but there's just nothing to peg the "sense of it" on yet.

ttcse;
I also believe it keeps the af447 tail discussion inconclusive.
Yep. It's as inconclusive right now as it was a week ago last Monday. All we have are some disparate facts which cannot be placed in the accident sequence, and a few knowns such as the condition of remains, and of the vertical stab.

I might observe that the "CREW REST" wreckage may likely be from the F/A crew rest module, not the cockpit crew rest area. I say this because the cockpit crew area is not labeled, it generally being near the cockpit. But the F/A module is, in some cases, removable and as such, labeling makes a bit more sense, (when stored...not when 'in use'). The location of this module varies with airline - some are mid-wing, others near the tail section; to the best of my knowledge, all such modules are below the main cabin floor.

Last edited by PJ2; 10th Jun 2009 at 01:38.