PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPhone 3GS?
Thread: iPhone 3GS?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2009, 00:51
Jofm5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got a 2G one at the moment, but the new MMS and Internet tethering isn't going to work on the 2G so I would like an upgrade..

I'm debating between iPhone 3G or 3GS, can't make up my mind.
From first view the only advabtages of the 3GS over the 3G is as follows:-
  • 3GS is 16gb or 32GB whereas 3G is 8GB or 16gb.
  • Faster Processor in 3GS (according to apples on speed comparison - processor details I could not find).
  • Better camera on 3MP on 3gs compared to 2MP on 3g.
  • Bigger battery (assumption due to browsing times listed - See Below).
  • Auto focus on camera on 3GS (See Below).
  • Record video with sound on 3GS (see below).
However - this information was taken from Apple - iPhone - Technical Specifications - which I think is a bit misleading in that some of the things NOT listed on the 3G specifcations but are on the 3GS are coming to the 3G when version 3.0 of the operting system is released next week - for example video is not mentioned on the 3G page but is mentioned in coming in the OS update :- Apple - iPhone - New features in the iPhone 3.0 Software Update.

Likewise the link says the 3G is only 8gb whereas I own a 16gb one (perhaps this is moving forward - I dont know).

If the camera is not important then I would say try getting a 3G cheap when the 3GS comes out as there is little difference on face value between the hardware that I can see (please correct me) that the OS update does not already address.