PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are all the OAA pilots?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 17:11
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's around about right Alex. I am not out to squabble, I am just offering my opinion. There are many ways to achieve the goal of becoming a pilot and I think the greatest factors of all are luck and timing. If your way has worked for you (to all of you) and you are happy with the service you have had and the way things are then great. If I feel so inclined, I will continue to offer my opinion to anyone who asks, and will do so with the best of intentions. I don't have a crystal ball and I DO adore flying but I personally wouldn't recommend flying training now and certainly wouldn't via the integrated route (not because of the standards or ways of training but solely because of the price). I hate the thought of people ruining themselves or even worse putting immense strains on their families for something that has a strong possiblilty of not happening any time soon. But who knows......I personally don't think the industry is all that unfair either, it is if you expect everything to go your way, but that's not life. In future take my opinions as an open debate - me putting my point forward and you putting yours forward. No one needs to justify themselves on here, in my opinion - if their advice makes sense then accept it, if it doesn't then discard it. It is very clear who doesn't have a clue and who does and I would say the majority on this particular thread, though having differing views, do have a clue.