PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyEurope
Thread: SkyEurope
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 14:05
skyeuropecapt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
false info

Bluebat-CZ,

As a captain for skyeurope myself, and having been employed by our Airline for more than 6 years I cant stay silent on a few points you made.

The fact that you are displaying sensitive information about our salaries to the WWW is somehow understandable since we are all struggling with our finances by the burden of reduced salaries. And the figures you mentioned are CORRECT.
I agree the way it was done by management was unacceptable,and that it does
produce some stress within the crews. This restaurant issue is I understand a very big FAUX-PAS,and i have hard time believing it has actually happened even though it did.

What i CANT ACCEPT is that you are giving FALSE information about our aircrafts. (classics).
Yes some of them were parked in the desert, but not more than 2 months.
It hardly qualifies them as junk aircrafts.As based in Prague you are NOT flying them so you have NO IDEA if they are in poor condition or not.

I have flown them since they first arrived, and believe me all, they were well maintained and are flying well.

YOu mentioned the problem with fuel being in Pounds....thats true but the fuel gauges are themselves in pounds so hardly a problem for the fueller...our loadsheet values are given in KGS and CDU entries in Pounds...so when we get the loadsheet we have to make a simple calculation to convert the ZFW into pounds to enter into the CDU,entry which is verified by the other pilot as its done...then fuel on loadsheet is in kgs we just have to check that it is correct compared to our gauges in LBS.
Hardly a problem so please dont insult your colleagues intelligence....

Concerning the pursers being upgraded early..it has happened before,even before our financial problems...i hardly see it as major problem, it happens in other airlines too depending on need.

We all make choices in life, some decided to leave as soon as the problems arose some after and some now..i wish all my colleagues who left the best in their career because they were all great to fly with , and their choice is respected by all.

If we go down, it would have been a great experience for me,as i enjoy flying with my colleagues and I hope our passengers understand that their SKYEUROPE CREWS will NEVER compromise on their safety.
If we decide to come to work, we are going to perform our work to the best of our abilities.

YOU have decided to be UNFIT, if you decide to leave i wont blame you either but PLEASE dont send unfounded info.

I wish you all the best and remember people still working for sky europe may have issues with their salaries and their management but we are still here,not blind,working SAFELY and waiting to see what life will bring...

Safe flying to all.

Last edited by skyeuropecapt; 24th Feb 2010 at 05:19.