PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 13:13
golfcharlie232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if it was not quite well expressed.
What I meant is :
Most of the pilots I know who trained either going integrated or modular had to wait a lot to get their very first job as a pilot, up to 7 or 8 years for some of them.
Some still don't have a job.
So when your argument is "at the moment, you're most likely to waste your money because there's no job right now", you're saying (correct me if I got that wrong) that they won't get a job right now, right?
Honestly, if I train with any FTO, and then I am to wait lets say 1 or 2 years, I'll be more than happy.
Your argument is a nonsense, all the guys training with CTC don't even have to wait half of that, they start flying an airliner, and after the flexicrew sheme they have around 700 hr, and can re-enter the holding pool. Go to the USA, and ask the guys there what they can get with only 300 hr ....

What you're looking for is a complete utopic FTO, that trains for less than others, that gives you a job guarantee, with a first job where you earn a lot, and that is able to get jobs even when there's no job ...

If you're trying to open the eyes of the guys here, try to understand how it works first, and then lets admit that the risks you are to take are the same everywhere, and at anytime.
Going modular means you're not facing any risk? Really? Well, that's still £50k, you still have to get through a huge dept if you don't have the money prior of training, and .... less chances of getting hired since you recieve less help from the FTO.
I'm not saying going modular is silly though.
Just pick up what suits you best ...