PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Attack On A Police Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 12:01
B.U.D.G.I.E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think most members of the public will be shocked & disappointed that something so valuable was apparently so easily destroyed. I believe people expect better of a large police force, thats all.
Slightly off topic but same concept. Try telling that to the friends and family of the people killed in the twin towers. There was some thing with security at the airport, in air, fast jet support to prevent it and they knew it was coming and they still managed to destroy it

So if a 24hr operation air support unit helicopter parked in the grounds of an international airport, with a fence, armed police and a roving patrol. With no idea that it was going to happen. How on earth can you plan for what happend.

I think its a pretty good indication that air support prevents crime and catches criminals if they feel the need to destroy a chopper.

Just asking a simple question, why wasn't the aircraft tucked away in a hangar o'night?
Then I guess there would be a burnt chopper inside a burnt hangar. If they want to do it they will.

I guess for all those people who want to moan that it was not protected then look at sids comment. You protect your car, or house, or mobile phone, wallet, forever. I won't tell you when I gonna steal it. But i bet you I could.....with ease. ( oh and i would'nt use a motorbike if that helps)