PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 11:49
BFS101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryr a/c operate far more sectors on a daily basis and work with a tighter turnaround. So im sorry but I refute your post regarding who has better on time performance when one is a goldfish and the other is a shark!
If an airline schedule tight turnarounds and subsequently can't absorb small delays, that's entirely up to the airline and if it affects on-time performance, then so be it. The airline should factor this in when considering how much of a priority is their on-time performance.

A passenger arriving at the airport is only interested if the flight is on-time or delayed and by how long, not the aircraft utilisation for the day. "Oh I don't mind my FR flight being delayed, as the aircraft has already operated 4 sectors today, rather than .....", doubt many passengers would think that way.

How many flights do Ryr operate in comparison? Not a true comparison.
Both are sizeable airlines, and while I'm no statistician, I'd imagine that per centage terms, as illustrated in Bingaling's post, is the most accurate way to compare the performance of these airlines, taking into account fleet and routes operated.

Whether EI are a true lost cost airline or not, regardless of business class on LH, seat allocation, etc, why should this influence the on-time performance?

At the end of the day MOL with his huge media following, should not be making false claims re FR performance, if they can be confirmed as false or inaccurate. If accurate and honest, then let him sing it from the rooftops if he fancies.