PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 11:15
golfcharlie232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Beak, can you please tell me why you're spending so much time on this thread trying to tell a hundred times the same thing, even if that's true ?
What's the point? What's your goal? Why CTC?
Have you been rejected from the selection process or something?

It's been quite a long time since I read the major threads on here, all depicting a gloomy future for the airline industry.
I honestly am not one of those who believe that getting a job in those tough times is something easy, nor when the market is doing better. However, I do believe that starting training now is not such a silly idea.
What you don't take into account is the background of the guys in here. Of course you cannot, but as you also pointed out, that's lots of "IF" too ...

Who said they wanted a job right after the end of the training?
How do you know people don't have a good fall back or a second job or a way to build hours and wait ?

Lets face it, CTC does not guarrantee a job, right.
But why won't you admit you'd better be in the CTC holding pool than anywhere else at the moment?

Once again, as you said, 2 years time is a long long time.
How do you know the global economic situation will be the same or worse whilst nobody can even predict what will happen tomorrow?

CTC used to place 100% Cadets in the past. Well, yes .. the past is the past. If you pretend that they are not placing 100% cadets now, ok, then show us the figures ...
CTC are placing cadets now, yes they are. And in tough times like these, they are certainly doing better than any FTO.

Is it some kind of competition? You guys want to make the aviation industry look even worse than what it actually is, so that less people are starting training and the more jobs you keep for yourself?
No honestly, I'm just trying to understand.
Some of the issues you're pointing out are relevant, but some are really childish and pointless, or even wrong.

Your answer (like many others) is "Wait!".
I really feel sorry for those who started training in 2006/2007, because people told them to wait until the situation gets better, they did, and where are they now? Well, on the market in the middle of a crisis, because they waited ...
I mean, obviously some comments are good pieces of advice, don't trust everything you read especially when it looks too shiny, but "wait, wait and wait again" is certainly not "the" solution.

That may be a lot clever to start training when things are bad, and to be ready at the right time - although you might have to wait a bit -, rather than starting training when everything goes well, and be done with training when the crisis just starts ...