PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for you Dick: CASA and Duty of Care regarding drunk ABPs ?
Old 9th Jun 2009, 08:51
airtags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
forget where CASA stands on the issue and check your own company's SOPs.

From my my position however:

If you've got an intoxicated pax in the exit row I would want to know:
1) Were they intoxicated prior too departure Iif so why was this not observed during the pax briefing - if the pax is really bad why he/she was boarded anyway.
2) If not - how did they become intoxicated (was there a breakdown in the CC's RSA complaince?)
but the main question I would want answered:

3) Have you moved them to another seat for landing?

Seems to me that your pitch has more to do with the issue of crew numbers and the fact that right around the world Type 3 overwing exits have been relegated to the self service category.

(which for the record is a BAD idea ..............although that said, I cannot imagine a CC getting to the overwing on say a 737 from either doors one or two anyway - for the LCC's amongst us, that includes the instruction for their L2P.

The reality is that that if a CC becomes responsible for the overwing exits they need to be there not at either end of the a/c - apart from being trampled in the rush - if you only have reduced/min crew this means there is a primary door left unguarded, unshephered which in the event of fire etc could be a fast ride to hell.)

If a pax in an exit row is, IN THE MIND OF THE CC, not appropriate to comply with the requirements in any way - inc., after having a drink, then they should be moved. - and I'd always back up the CC making this decision 100%.

If the pax has paid for the exit row seat .... give them the claim form or better still AJ's phone number........or a bottle as they disembark

AT

PS: Dick is not at CASA