PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 07:11
worrab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it's naive to be prepared to consider all the evidence before leaping to a conclusion then I accept your criticism.

There is a coherent, plausible chain of events presented in this thread which could explain the entire, sad incident - bad weather, iced pitot tubes, nasty temperature changes leading to a critical need for accurate speed control, perhaps insufficient thrust to overcome problems followed by aerodynamic breakup of the VS. Very neat, very tidy. Someone tell the BEA and we can all pack up and go home. One of the challenges of forensic endeavour is to keep an open mind until the evidence can be seen as a whole. I agree that pitots have become blocked/iced in the past and that there appears to have been a pitot problem, I concur that that would make flying this aircraft in these conditions very difficult and perhaps impossible. The loss of the VS would likely/certainly be terminal and a VS has failed in the past because of excessive aerdynamic force. It may have become detatched at altitude.

Some or all of the above may have contributed to this tragedy but I, for one, am still prepared to wait for the evidence.