PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where are all the OAA pilots?
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 07:10
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As always pprune throws up a bunch of comments that range from pure ****e to absolut unadulterated ****e. So, an educated way of presenting a case is to look at both sides. Leave us then to consider the plight of ANYONE who has just finished flight training. Oh look, its not just OAA grads that are struggling to find jobs, it's everyone. Is it significantly better to have 'only' spent £50k? I don't think so, but hey - that wouldn't give you the opportunity to spout I'll founded bile, would it?

So lets clarify a couple of things. How many of those who are spouting 'facts' about Oxford actually went there? How many of you have actually BEENthere in the last, let's say six, months? What's that you say? You HAVENT been there? Your opinion is made up of what you heard? Probably on here, at that? Or perhaps from your mate dave, down the pub?
Do grow up.

Fwiw, what would you have oaa do with the nje cadets that aren't required? I
know how nje have handled this and I have to say they havebeen exemplary.
And my post isn't simlpy conjecture based on whatever personal grievance I
have. Oaa has not 'deserted' any of it's grads, least of all those on mentored schemes. To state they have, when you clearly don't know the facts is only to advertise your own ignorance.

Oxford is like any other training school, it has significant plus points and significant down points, but the thing with oaa is that unlike most other schools 90% of the established 'facts' are actually bull**** that are established only on this site, by people with no first Hand knowledge of the place who don't possess the intellectual. Capacity to analyse both sides and make up their own minds. Or even recognize there IS two sides.