PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates: Preferred Employer in UAE
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 06:40
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it's a trite and grossly over-used statement, but it describes the current situation almost to a 'T':

"The whippings will contiue until morale improves."

In my opinion, they're almost guaranteeing themselves another incident, as virtually every pilot in the airline is distracted, looking over their shoulders worrying about how they'll explain themselves to those on 'The Tent Floor' rather than getting on with the job. I know I've pushed myself on occasions in the past trying to make the system work, like really cutting things fine to make a departure right on curfew for example. I would not do so in the current climate. Like I suspect almost every other captain (and even moreso, FO) in the airline today, I will work strictly to the rules, taking my time to double check everything.

Those who'd care to troll through the Pprune archives will see that three years ago(?), an embittered ex EK pilot posted here complaining about the circumstances of his dismissal. (He's posted again in the last week or so on another under his new PPRuNe handle, 'Bitburger'.) He received virtually no support from any EK pilot when he made his complaints then, as many pilots, myself among them, defended the company.

I don't believe he'd find anyone doing so now.