PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Using a Television as a Monitor
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 03:33
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
What frame speeds/frequencies are you all getting with HD from a computer?

As mentioned on the telly thread, one of the disappointments I've had with the 120Hz Samsung is that the up-convert signal is of course outputted at 60Hz. this is not as good as my old light-engine Sony, which is now back with its maker.

Since tv is crap here, I use a lot of FletNix So, I'm actually worse off while playing on my 'old' DVD up-convert. It occurs to me that I could use a spare laptop. Just off to look at the plug-outs.

Mmm...just a VGA and a microscopic plug with an i like a logo, and S400 beside it. I looked for the manual. Nope, no manual, just a load of tat that tells me how to unpack it and how not to kill myself with it...in ten languages. F'in daft world.

Downloaded Sony manual. Copied file to XPS Viewer. Nice. Very clear. Nice big bulgy pages that you can do Mexican waves with. Pick, 500 ms and there it is 200 ms more and it pops into focus. 179 pages of it.

Then why the do I have to have my monitor on its side? If there are any tools with this viewer, they aint' showing.

Last edited by Loose rivets; 9th Jun 2009 at 23:23.