PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 01:56
Cloud Cuckooland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lhp (post #782)
The fault reported in the ACARS message (see page 29)
is "AUTO FLIGHT AP OFF" this is generated by an involuntary disconnect - not manual disconnect. In this case it looks like it was caused by multiple ADR disagree and tripping to ALTN LAW.

Dutch Bru:
The portion wreckage showing the Crew Rest compartment labelling - this is called the LDMCR - Lower Deck Mobile Crew Rest and is just as your LH link photo looks i.e in the forward end of the aft cargo (Hold 4).

Im my airline it is used for cabin crew and one of the pilots if 4 pilots are carried. The Captain, when resting, is always in the other rest closer to the flight deck. Interestingly, EK pilots have previously complained in this forum about the distance of the crew rest from the flight deck in case of emergency - (above door 5 in the B777 and mid cabin EY in the A380) - not sure about their A330's. Other operators generally have the Cockpit crew rest close to the cockpit, however you still have the problem of getting through the security door in a hurry when those inside are too busy/distracted to release it. The only airliner I know of that has the optimal crew rest location (bunk room inside the cockpit) is the B744.