PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2009, 00:51
Kulwin Park

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry if this has been repeated, but I can only read so much in so little time I have as an engineer ...

QUESTION: Does it seem like the fuselage fell out of the sky completely intact, as there is very little wreckage or rubble floating on the surface, only large components/interior parts that have risne from the bottom where a tear is maybe in the fuselage??

Also it may seem to me, that very few bodies have been found (17 I've just heard on the news) due to they were all strapped in during the turbulence. Maybe answering my own question, but it seems that it lost control, entered a vertical profile downward, entered the water like a missile, and reached the sea floor. (not speculating, but I have to investigate the facts all the time to make a correct maintenance decision). The fact that little wreckage is evident is due to probably a pin drop impact, and not a belly-whacker impact seperating aircraft fairings and parts & baggage everywhere. AGREE? Just asking??

Also, from working in the EMS & SAR industry, and searching for bodies myself in the past, it is a known fact that a human body that drowns will sink for the first 3 days, and then rise to the surface after that when the acids reflux and create air bubbles, and bloat the liquid cells under the skin, and cause the body to float. ... Not to grouse you out, but hopefully many more bodies will be recovered in the next few days, as they float, so that families can have closure & bury their loved ones, and be at rest.

Maybe the impact was enough to knock many unconscious, and many have drowned still in their seatbelts. Having investigated and been involved in EMS/SAR roles, I do see that there is little to be found that gives rock evidence, but this little info gives clearer information that it was sudden & quick, not a massive explosion or break-up at all due little recovered parts. The way the vertical fin broke off will give many answers as to the side load forces or G-forces that tore it off.

KP