PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2009, 20:58
cosmodrift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never said EK was flawless. My other posts are there.
The fact is those who are complaining so viciously got tired of their lives here.
They are tired of being expats and not being able to do things they did in the past, back at their former homes.
That’s personal. Nothing to do with Emirates.

I am still happy here because, in spite of recent degradation on T&C and general problems of the city, I can still do things I love.
I can bid for rosters I like and even flying more hours I still can stay a lot with my family.
I feel safe when going out with my family and I am saving money.
I see friends afraid of losing their jobs at Singapore, India and others already unemployed.
After a long time they are finally fixing the housing problems and pilots are moving to their permanent houses.

I feel sorry for this training FO that was fired, but this kind of injustice is not a privilege issue to EK. It became a mark here when in others companies something like that is so recurrent that looks like a policy.

Try to live more of your day. One moment at a time. Realize what’s going on in the world around you and you’ll see how bad things really are out there.
To open fire against who is paying your salary will lead you to nothing, specially if you have no other options.