PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyEurope
Thread: SkyEurope
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2009, 20:28
Nightfire

It's absolutely incredible, that SkyEurope is even still staggering on.
The old, experienced guys still hanging out there are either heroes, or they are just simply taking it too personal. I must admit that I also loved working for SkyEurope during the better times, often going beyond my obligations, just in order to help.
But we all realize and realized that SkyEurope is not a football-team, to which you may choose to be "loyal until death". In the end, SkyEurope is only a company, by which people earn their money in order to put bread on the table at home.

Management is forsaking all of them now.

In any other company, people would go on strike to demand what is theirs, namely their salaries. Sky-Employees decided to help their company last year, by personally lending money (half a salary) over several months.
I would not even do that for most of my friends! But what happened? They don't even get it paid back, let alone any kind of interest or reward.
"Thankyou, guys. Give more! Or else we all die!"
I'm also deeply disappointed by the safety-breaches from the management. Flying old junk planes, with inexperienced cabin crew and worried pilots (according to the post of Bluebat_CZ) is absolutely crazy.
God prevent SkyEurope literally "going down" in the end!

Maybe it would even be interesting to know, how Mister Fairytale Peterpaul is going to justify all of that. Just for amusement.
Although there is probably nobody laughing anymore.

What makes it worse, is that there are no jobs for all the people right now.

Strange situation: No matter what the Sky-pilots decide to do: Anything will only make things worse. Going on strike, sueing the management, or going public, will simply cause everything to collapse. But keeping quiet, praying for a miracle and holding out will not prevent the end either.
You may merely collect a few more stick-hours in the coming weeks (for whatever it's worth).

Hard to say what I would do in that situation.