PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blood from a stone = minimal fuel
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2009, 08:27
AQIS Boigu

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
RENURPP and Capn Bloggs...who you guys working for???

Are telling me or asking me?
well...I was asking you and voicing my opinion using a potential scenario...

I'll either land on the cross-strip or on the remaining bit of 11/29. Pretty simple really. next?
in a 737/320 maybe....in my previous post I was refering to a widebody...an overrun on 18/36 with its 1500m will make the front page of that NT paper...whilst a normal landing at Tindal won't...(has JQ/VB/QF ever diverted to Tindal at all???)

Fair enough, but the PIC decision in this case may be good enough for single engine aircraft with a bang seat, but for commercial operations, where literally everything is backed up for unforeseeable/unlikely events, eg engine failures, weather minima, pilot incapacitation, autopilots, electrical systems etc, it seams odd that we have disparate fuel policices in this day and age. Having fuel to land on a back up bit of turf makes sense to me and I am a fan of the policy.
Thats the way...it is also policy at my company and not negotiable...and I fully agree with it..."I like..."

...but dont give me a lecture...
dont worry; never intended to do so...I am not going to lecture someone with 1800+ posts...got better things to do...