PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2009, 07:52
Captain-Crunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Credible Sources

ChristySweet,

I'm just having trouble remembering how we knew that there was an ACTUAL acars keyboard message sent, and the exact wording. I'll re-read the whole thread I guess.

Your link to the german web page is NOT a credible source. Do you understand this? You can't keep picking things out of the air. Your previous posting of erroneous information needed to be taken down. Do you understand this?

Questioning any information that we discuss, is NOT discrediting anything. O.K? It is what makes pprune so powerful. I am impressed with the caliber of some of the contributors: such as the acars guys, the techs and many others. Not every one, however, can contribute Christy, because it is outside of your area of expertise. Stick to what you know.

For new people, who just won't bother to read the whole thread (and I know it is long,) or who don't have time, a good summary of what we've been covering is here: (and you should read it!)

Wiki - Air France Flight 447

I will update that wiki page when we decide how credible the acars pirep transmission is. Note: wiki is a living document, and is constantly changing. Many items there are being debated right now to be tossed out. The process is impressive.

CC

Alternatively, here are the source images: ACARS Leg Report scroll to the bottom for the big ones.

Last edited by Captain-Crunch; 8th Jun 2009 at 08:22.