PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2009, 05:16
Captain-Crunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Retraction

Guys my post on page 24 to Airpolice may have a error in it. Several readers have correctly brought into question the 0200? keyboard crew acars report assumption and it's source. I committed the cardinal sin of quoting and believing a journo report with the term "hard turbulence" instead of a real source. My apologies. The Air France Press Release in English, which is also fishy says:

The aircraft hit a zone of stormy weather with strong turbulence at 2am this morning (universal time), i.e. 4am in Paris. An automatic message was received from the aircraft at 2:14am (4 :14am in Paris) indicating a failure in the electric circuit a long way from the coast.
2nd PR from the bottom

Of course, to re-emphisize: the acars images from French TV are not consistent with what you would expect to see with any electrical problem. All we have at this point is images of that leg report to maintenance via French TV? Right? What we need now is the actual image, or at least some sources of the acars wx report from the crew to [Flight Following] Ops. [The PIREP]

Can anybody provide the source of the last manual transmission? [a credible source, such as an corporate or government spokesperson addmission?]

Thanks

CC

p.s. You guys were right to question that.

Last edited by Captain-Crunch; 8th Jun 2009 at 07:29. Reason: [added clarification in brackets]