PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You Get What You Pay For
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2009, 22:44
groundhogbhx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management

Stopend, it wasn't just the local management that I was referring to. They are just a product of the system they work in, I feel things will only improve when there is change from the top. In the days of Groundstar the company did try to be the best, it didn't always work but they did try and more often than not got there. The rot started with the team that took the company into Swissport. Constant changes in upper management, especially HR, and inserting a new level meant people were getting to grips with what had happened before, learning the lie of the land and working on how to change things to their way of working rather than dealing with what was happening there and then. There would also seem to have been far too much chronyism in the structure, you just have to look how many have followed a former director to see that.

Until the company is led by someone who understands the industry (the current CEO was parachuted in from Amey Roadstone!!!!) and has the passion to make the company succeed I see little hope for them. That is a great disservice to members of staff who believed in the company enough to leave secure jobs with other HA's to try and make a difference, most now hanging on in the hope of a descent redundancy package.