PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2009, 19:00
pasptoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab,

There will be very few of the present SARF who will join their bretheren on expeditionary ops because most of them will be required to leave and transfer to SARH or remain in the mil within SARH or the whole system won't get off the ground.
Why not? Don’t the RN return to frontline after a tour in SAR? I’m sure there are plenty of exMil SAR crews, front and back seat, willing to do the job again, leaving those on retirement plans to stay with their chosen force!

There is only one place that experience and skill level can come from and that is from the present mil SARF.

I’m sure that the foreign elements of CG SAR may have something to say about this, so in short SARF is one place crews may be recruited from, as well as other militaries and SAR organisations.

In theory it is the civilians presently on the CG contract who will see the most change since they will be required to do night overland (using NVG) SAR and complete training levels similar to the present military crews in all disciplines.

Yet again you seem to be professing about stuff you know little about or at least don’t listen to others posts. Aren’t CG crews made up of a mix of civilian, ex RAF, ex RN, other military crews including QHIs and NVGIs ??? My understanding is that in the order of 30% are previous NVG users both frontline and SAR. Training levels require to be sensible and fit for purpose, SAR NVG is not "black light magic" but a useful tool. Great idea to do 2hrs day and 2hrs night every shift! Lets not get blinkered into “RAFway or the Highway” Surely ALL parties have something to learn from each other? Don’t the CG conduct overland SAR dependant on weather conditions, light levels etc. Mmmmmm - that would seem very similar to flying on NVG???? Goggles don’t turn night into day – they just make it green!

You would seem to have some good reasoned discussions then let it all down with poor overall perception outwith the air force. You give the impression that RAF is an acronym for SAR ???? Aren’t you mostly failed jet guys? Shame that my first post has to be tainted. However, I am happy to be enlightened and proved wrong.

PAS.